Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Ellens Submission Review

Ellen's Submission: Intrigue Next Door

By James and Lydia Keane


Ellen Jacobs is a straitlaced grad student stuck in a relationship that isn't working. 


When she meets her adventuresome neighbor, Sam, her world is changed. Now, she wonders how she will handle the challenge that comes from being drawn to Sam. 






...........................................................................
***MY HONEST REVIEW OF ELLENS SUBMISSION***

Ellen and Brian have been together for four years. Just as she starts to have nagging doubts about their relationship, she witnesses her neighbor and his lady friend going at it on the balcony. She later meets him and is offered a job to proofread and edit his manuscripts. Little does she know how much this will change her life going forward.

It was interesting to watch Ellen evolve. Of course, I was turning the pages as fast as I could, because I wasn’t so sure everything was going to turn out for the good. The way the plot was structured, things could go in opposite directions. Of course, one way is what you want, but if it went the other way, things could turn out horribly. I think that’s the way the author wanted you to feel, the not knowing. It really had your imagination working overtime.  This reminded me of the book Nine Weeks, of which I had read many years ago. 

My review can also be found at:
    AMAZON     GOODREADS
...........................................................................

**The above opinions are 100% my own, whether I purchased the book or it was given to me to review.


Buy the book from...

Follow the Author
Goodreads


No comments:

Post a Comment